Sunday, 4 August 2013

OOTD // 'MOM'OCHROME


 
 
 
 


 

 
Black cami - Matalan // 'Mom' jeans - DIY hand me downs // 
Belt - Levi // Chelsea boots - Office // Gold chain - DIY
 
001 // I've been seeing a lot of monochromes and clean or plain looking trends recently and I thought I would try it out, for a friend's birthday meal, but with a bit of Mia injected in. I have been in love with these high waisted baggy jeans ever since my nan gave them to me (they should be called 'nan' jeans) but they were a tad big, an ugly colour and were flared... but I knew they had potential! So I waved my magic fashion wand and they looked just like any Topshop pair after I had bleached them, taken in the ankles, rolled them up and added a belt. Why pay £50 for a pair when you can have them for free hey?
 
002 // Being such a fan of DIYing and saving money, instead of paying £20 for a gold chain in Topshop or on Asos, I got my dad to run me down to B&Q and I found the nicest looking chain and to be completely honest I preferred the squared edge to the rounded ones in most shops! It turned out to be about £4 a metre which meant I could make a couple of necklaces by simply tying two ends together with ribbon and some bracelets by doing the same for a measly four quid! I really recommend trying this out because not only do you save yourself A TON of money, you have a completely unique statement necklace that will be the envy of all your friends (I'm talking from experience here...)
 
003 // In other news, I have been having a good summer holiday so far, enjoying multiple parties, sleepovers and beach trips, although word of warning if you are going out in the sun for the whole day in just a bikini... please put sun cream on. Now this isn't going to be a rant about how its bad for you and how you'll get skin cancer (you still might though) but I have had the WORST burns this week and I haven't been able to sleep and somehow, I didn't even know that this was possible, but I sunburnt my lips and lets just say the consequences have been ugly... ugly in the form of a mouth full of cold sores :( so if you guys have any tips or tricks to get rid of cold sores quickly then they will be much appreciated otherwise I will end up spending the rest of the holidays locked in my room crying in the mirror...
 
Love ya




18 comments:

  1. Love this simple look, just bought me some 'mom' jeans too (fiver from ebay) can't wait to wear them now!!

    hiddenbetween.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And ahh great bargain! Gotta love ebay xx

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, love how you diy'ed your jeans!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this whole outfit! I've been wanting mom jeans for a while now, maybe it's finally time I get myself a pair.

    lots of love, Dana Carmella 
Bloglovin' & Blog: Pretty Odd ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankss and i definately recommend them! Look great with anything! Xxx

      Delete
  4. love how you've styled the mom jeans and love that they're your own version hand me downs! :)

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this look mia its great from your hair to your boots

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovvee this look! I dont think id be able to pull off mom jeans soo well :( Thats amazing how much you saved! It's ridiculous to spend 60 when you can have it for free! I love everything in this outfit your hair is soo pretty and I love chelsea boots :D I lovvee your blog soo much! :)x Following on bloglovin!
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much and yeah i dont see the point either?! Xxx

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! I absolutely adore your style! Only just came across your blog but have fallen totally in love with it. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thats so noce! Thankyou so much means a lot! Follow for follow? Xx

      Delete
  8. absolutely loving your blog! just followed you on blogger, bloglovin and insta! keep in touch lovely xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely follow back xx

      Delete
  9. Hehe! "Mom"ochrome! You pulled it off, my dear! I just moved to Germany from the United States and would love to connect with other bloggers in Europe! I followed you with GFC but your Blog Lovin link didn't work! Hope you can connect with me, as well!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe aww thankyou so much! thankyou for following and I will definitely follow back xox

      Delete

I love it when you guys leave me comments so go ahead! I read and reply to every single one and I check out everyone's blogs and always follow back!! Xxx